Take the tears and time out of programming.
TOPS is an online teacher planning program that is easy to navigate, will reduce workload and provide you with all required planning and assessment documentation for all learning areas in K to Yr10.
The TOPS program is on line now. Members can open a TOPS Primary” account, and/or a “TOPS Secondary” account.
The SSTUWA Education & Training Centre is coordinating training to assist member’s best use the program. See below and refer to the website for details. TOPS training will cost the member.
The program is free to All SSTUWA Members via this website.
Best Practice PlansTOPS provides assistance with all of these questions and shows how they are interrelated. The solutions are just one click away. TOPS is designed to connect curriculum with effective teaching practice. The learning programs have links to learning activities such as the cooperative learning 'Tribes' activities e.g. rounds, think pair share, inside and outside circle. There are over 100 exciting learning activities that enable the children to 'learn how to learn'.
The key benefits of TOPS for professional decision makers are:
- TOPS helps teachers to answer and connect the key planning questions;
- TOPS provides the connection between curriculum and pedagogy;
- TOPS encourages and enables teachers to use ICT for planning-teaching-learning.
Teachers continually consider the following questions every day:
- Why we teach: Knowledge, understanding and skills that underpin our society.
- What we teach: Content of teaching – syllabus.
- When we teach: Sequence of teaching related to developmental stage of the child.
- How we teach: Teaching / learning activities.
- With what: Resources for teaching, stimulus for student learning.
- So what: Outcomes. Assessment tasks. Criteria to measure achievement.
- How well: Standards to be applied. Evaluation of performance.
- For whom: Recognition of individual differences.
What Teachers Say About TOPS
Here are some comments by actual SSTUWA Members:
This will reduce time on paperwork and provide more time for kids.Annie McKeown, Rostrata Primary
Make this available for all teachers ASAP. It is a great resource with practical applications. Everything is linked and things can be imported from anywhere.Leanne Summers, Geraldton Primary School
Highly interactive, well structured, user friendly. This is truly a 'saving grace' in terms of new teachers and survival in this vocation.Xavier Das, Kinross College
It has a huge variety of ideas for all year levels and learning areas.Winona Rogers, Boulder Primary School
I like the quality and quantity of curriculum documents and resources that are user friendly, and very easy to access, use and adapt.Carl Sherlock, New Graduate
It helps me to be accountable for what I am doing and why …. it will ensure that I cover all the materials in the syllabus.Stacey Waller, Comet Bay Primary School
It is simple, easy to use, effective. This is vital for schools to function effectively and for teachers to gain focus and direction. It promotes confidence for better education.Bryan Rosher, Highgate Primary
I am amazed at the amount of information available and the ease of use. Fantastic! Thank you for making programming and planning a lot easier and less dramatic.Aliza Lampard, Greenfields Primary
For More Information - Contact: SSTUWA Education & Training Centre