Level 3 Classroom Teacher Stage 2 workshops commenced this week. The ETC is working with Professional Development Unit to provide quality training that prepares teachers for the presentation required in stage 2.
This year the union has a record five courses occurring over the week.
Member feedback points to the high level information and the quality presentation from the PDT presenters Faye Harris and Bill Reid.
It’s especially great to have members coming from down south and up north – where principals as working to ensure teachers have the best opportunity.
Comments from participants indicate the most valuable aspects of the training:
- Clarification of the reflective practice expectations
- Practicing the oral presentation
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Re-phasing focus questions
Members interested in Level 3 Classroom Teacher Stage 1 – Term 4 Workshops are now open for registration.....be early to avoid disappointment.
OSH: Introductory Safety & Health Representative Course
Education Specific (5th Sept to 9th Sept)
What OSH reps said:
- “Great course for unconsciously incompetent OSH Reps!” Wendy - Metro OSH Rep
- “This course opened my eyes to OSH and empowered me to do my job as I should.”
- “A practice changing information explosion! Best PD I’ve ever done.” Sharon
- “An excellent course that has empowered me to undertake the role of OSH representative in a confident, competent way.” Janette
- “this would be one of the best, most informative courses that I have attended in a long time..
- Very valuable and process can be put into place immediately. Thanks you very much- I LOVED IT”
- Don’t be put off by the five days – “so much information “YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR WORKPLACE”.
- An excellent course. It helps not only just for OSH issues but also for problem solving, negotiation skills and how to talk to admin people.” Mei
- “An incredibly information engaging and fun course. Highly recommended”. Asha
- “An outstanding course, great presenter and a wealth of information supplied. Defiantly recommended.” Karen
- “Empowerment.....to make changes and help keep safety to the for in our workspace! Very informative, fun, engaging....would do it again. Thank Elaine and Joy. Winsome
- Our school OSH Reps participated in five very full days of learning not only how to make our school safer, but, how to make the role of OSH rep work in a proactive preventative way. The quality of the training and the value of a focus on ‘education specific’ was evident in participant feedback and comments.
The five day course was delivered by Elaine Gunn ( UnionsWA) and Joy Barrett ( SSTUWA).
Next OSH Intro course: November 2011