To celebrate the use of Instructional Intelligence (II) in Western Australia an inaugural two day forum will be held in Perth on the 18 & 19 November 2011.
The purpose of the forum is to provide a positive and supportive professional learning opportunity for teachers, trainers, administrators and managers to share their experiences of working with Instructional Intelligence (II). The forum is open to all, from those who may be new to the concept and interested in learning more, to experienced professionals who want to extend their thinking and practice.
Select from a range of workshop options, examples include:
- Using cooperative learning tactics and strategies to help secondary students revise course content and develop confidence in exam performance
- Empowering students ‘at risk’ in the Canadian First Nation schooling system
- Creating emotional safety and increasing retention rates for trade apprentices
- Using research on brain function to help make wise instructional choices
- The role of instructional intelligence in the second largest school district in Canada
- Introductory sessions on cooperative learning and instructional intelligence
Take part in World Café professional learning conversations on:
- Using graphic organisers to create powerful learning opportunities for students
- Instructional intelligence and change
- Instructional intelligence and assessment
- Cooperative learning
Visit interactive poster presentation sessions - view student work samples and share in personal learning journeys, examples include:
- Using technology to build communication skills and cross cultural understandings between high school students in Western Australia and China
- Using cooperative learning strategies to teach prisoners life skills
- Developing a whole school approach to implementing II and reflective practice
- Instructional intelligence diversity - online, face to face and workplace delivery in vocational education and training
Join presenter A/Professor Barrie Bennett on day two of the forum for his half day workshop:
- ‘Graphic Intelligence: Delightful Complexities’.
To register or for more information please visit: www.beckysaunders.com/ii-forum/