New Educators Conference 2012: Embracing the Challenge!
Start: Friday 31 August 2012 - 09:00am
Finish: Friday 31 August 2012 - 04:00pm
Location : SSTUWA Office, Education & Training Centre, 150-152 Adelaide Terrace, East Perth.
Availability: -11 places remaining
New Educators - Embracing the Challenge!
- New Educators as agents for social change
- New Educators asking the hard questions
- New Educators leading the charge in innovative practice.
Glen Pearsall is a highly experienced classroom teacher and dynamic presenter who has presented a wide array of acclaimed professional development workshops throughout Australia. He is the author of Work Right and the best-selling And Gladly Teach. Glen has a particular interest in developing New Educators and has worked as a Research Fellow and Seminar Leader for the Australian Centre for Youth.
SSTUWA AND THE NEW EDUCATORS NETWORK WELCOMES DAVID AXWORTHY, DEPUTY DIRECTOR GENERAL TO THIS EVENT.
Morning and afternoon workshops will include:
- Classroom Management Strategies: CMS
- School Select: Teacher Placement and Transfer System
- Dealing With Difficult Parents
- Planning and Assessment : TOPS
- The Little Red Book - The General Agreement
- Unconference: ‘Open Space’ where change has a voice.
- Meet and greet to gather resources and contacts from a range of professional organisations that support classroom practice at ‘Marketplace’.
This is a FREE SSTUWA Members Only Event!
Refreshments: Morning Tea & Lunch will be provided
Confirmation of enrolment will be sent via email. If you have not received a confirmation email you are not registered to attend this workshop.
Attend this event?Registrations are now closed
Details - Contact: Phone: (08) 9210 6035 / (08) 9210 6042 - FAX: (08) 9210 6089 Email: training @sstuwa.org.au