eNews - 21 June 2017
SSTUWA misquoted in the West Australian
The State School Teachers Union WA wishes to correct statements as reported in The West Australian on 20 June 2017, and clarify its position with regard to the proposed new Commonwealth school funding model and legislation.
Read the full media statement from SSTUWA President Pat Byrne.
General Agreement: Log of Claims
Delegates at the June 2017 State Council endorsed a log of claims for the upcoming General Agreement negotiations. School members will be provided with the log of claims and details on how to vote at the start of Term 3, 2017.
TAFE members will be advised in coming communications with further details on the TAFE log of claims.
Please advise all members to follow eNews for updates.
SSTUWA Employment Opportunities
SSTUWA are advertising the following two postions. Application form and JDF’s can be found here
Industrial Officer: Advocate - Closing date 23 June 2017.
Growth Team Officer - Closing date 4 July 2017.
School holiday training opportunities
Last chance to register for the holiday professional learning events:
- Supporting Literacy Across the Learning Areas (Years 7-10) Read More
- Teaching Writing in Years 1-6 The Road to Success Read More
- Building Strong Foundations for Maths Learning in the Early Years (K-3) Read More
- Expanding Your S.T.E.M. e-Resources Toolkit K-6 Read More
- Returning to Work from Parental/Maternity Leave Read More