Created on Tuesday, 08 September 2009 10:01
Written by David Kelly
- The WAIRC hearing of the SSTU interim application for Orders re: lack of consultation, Friday 4 September 2009.
- A Special Executive Meeting 7/9/09 will take a report and consider the next step.
- Feedback from branches and members continues to flow in and should continue.
WAIRC Decision 4 September 2009
Commissioner Harrison brought down her decision with regard to the SSTU Interim Application for Orders re: lack of consultation, 6:30pm Friday 4 September 2009. Whilst Commissioner Harrison decided that the WAIRC would not issue Orders at this time, she made it clear that:
-  An intensive process of consultation between the parties is to be established with a view of reporting to the WAIRC regularly, at short intervals;
-  That in the event that substantial problems arise, the Union could seek further Orders at that time; and
-  That in the event that there is substantive ground for the request to delay the implementation of IPS then the Union will be able to do so through the current application.
Executive will receive a full report on the matter today.
Advice on the outcome of Executive’s deliberations will be circulated as soon as possible
Branch Information and Queries
Branches are requested to CONTINUE TO FORWARD:
- Resolutions on the matter
- Summary of “consultation activities”
- List of any concerns/ queries or issues
Many thanks to all who have responded to date.