Using Emotional Intelligence to Build Influence and Resilience for Teachers
24 places available
Start: Thursday 19 April 2018 - 9.00am
Finish: Thursday 19 April 2018 - 3.00pm
New Premises: SSTUWA building, 1 West Street, West Perth WA 6005 (off Thomas Street)
About the course
This one day workshop will extend participants’ understanding of emotional intelligence and its application to and implications for: 1) workplace leadership and influence, 2) working collaboratively with colleagues, and 3)building collaborative team functions.
Within this context, participants will also explore the development of constructive strategies to increase their personal resources and resilience through the exploration of:
- Factors underlying resilience.
- Handling the stress and uncertainty of changes in the work environment.
- Strategies for personal well-being.
Dring this course participants will:
- Define emotional intelligence and identify sources of power and influence.
- Examine levels of team function to diagnose and improve team effectiveness.
- Discuss communication behaviours that contribute to effective teams.
- Identify ways for fostering, maintaining and improving ones own resilience.
$ 100 : Members: Part Time/Relief/Student
$ 200 : Members: Full Time
$ 320 : Non-Members
Includes morning tea and lunch
Director, PDT Consultancy
Professional Standards for Teachers in Western Australia
This training relates to the following standards :
Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning.
Standard 4 – Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments.
Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community.