Early Childhood Educators Forum (TUT) - Half Day
36 places available
Start: Friday 17 November 2017 - 12.00pm
Finish: Friday 17 November 2017 - 3.30pm
Location : SSTUWA building, 150 Adelaide Tce, East Perth WA 6004
About the course
The SSTUWA continues to provide Early Childhood Educators with opportunities to develop effective industrial and professional practice, understandings and knowledge.
During this event SSTUWA welcomes Early Childhood Educators to spend an afternoon exploring: The Impact of Trauma in Early Childhood with the CEO from Child Australia, Tina Holtom.
The Impact of Trauma in Early Childhood
Join Tina at this afternoon forum and leave with knowledge relating to:
- Understanding how children experience trauma
- The impact of trauma on brain development
- The importance of attachment and relationships
- Embedding wellbeing support strategies into the early learning space.
About Child Australia
Established in 1987 Child Australia is a not for profit organisation committed to their mission of developing the capacity of professionals working with children, families and the community, to support children's well-being, learning and development. their vision is of a community where children grow, thrive and reach their full potential. Tina has worked in various senior positions within education and child development for more than twenty years.
$ 50 : Members
$ 100 : Non-Members
Tina Holtom CEO
ECE Educators K-2
Members and Non-Members
Trade union training leave
Members in schools and TAFE colleges are eligible for five days of paid leave per year to attend trade union training (TUT).
To comply with TUT leave requirements applicants must:
- Submit applications to DoE/principal four weeks prior to the event.
- Provide DoE/principal with a printed copy of the course program attached to this form.
- Be nominated by the SSTUWA. See “nominated audience” on the attached course program.
This leave provision covers teacher relief for members attending SSTUWA TUT courses.
For school administration
When processing TUT leave applications:
- Indicate the leave is “Miscellaneous Paid Leave” when completing an application for leave form.
- “Trade Union Training - project code 1471” should be written under leave type.
Professional Standards for Teachers in Western Australia
This training relates to the following standards :
Standard 2 – Know the content and how to teach it
Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community