Education Specific Five-Day Introductory Course for OSH Reps.
9 places available
Start: Monday 4 December 2017 - 9.00am
Finish: Friday 8 December 2017 - 4.00pm
Location: SSTUWA building, 150 Adelaide Tce, East Perth WA 6004
About the course
This five-day course is a statutory requirement for elected OSH representatives. It provides OSH Representatives within the Education Department with the skills and knowledge necessary to effectively perform their functions in protecting and promoting the safety and health of those they represent.
This course is accredited by Worksafe WA.
The course will involve both theory and practical work. There are no formal assessments but participants must attend all five days to qualify as a trained OSH representative and receive a certificate.
Information on eligibility and expenses for this course can be downloaded at OSH Training Course Information 2017
This course is open to members and non-members of the SSTUWA and to all Department of Education staff.
Participants will be able to:
- Understand the OSH legislation relevant to their role.
- Apply the legislation to specific situations within educational settings.
- Apply DoE policy, procedures and agreements when carrying out the role of a representative.
- Carry out workplace inspections.
- Issue Provisional Improvement Notices (PINS) based on consultation, communication and cooperation.
- Investigate accidents and incidents.
- Follow procedures for resolving issues.
- Communicate and negotiate with appropriate parties.
- Identify hazards and appropriate control measures.
$ 0 : DoE covers costs
Includes morning tea and lunch
Elaine Gunn, Unity Training
Joy Barrett, SSTUWA
Elected Safety and Health Representatives