ZOOM Event: The 2019 General Agreement: Schools (TUT) 120 mins
11 places available
Start: Wednesday 11 August 2021 - 1.00pm
Finish: Wednesday 11 August 2021 - 3.00pm
Location: Zoom online learning space. Login at least 10 mins prior to start time
About the course
The SSTUWA is pleased to offer this online learning opportunity to Union Representatives, Deputy Representatives and nominated general members. This online event does not replace the current face-to-face, full-day events - Know Your Rights: The 2019 Agreement but will provide members with the opportunity to build a deeper understanding of the 2019 General Agreement and Award. This is also an online opportunity to explore the current 2021 Log of Claims.
Delivery method: Live online event
The event will be 120 minutes in duration and consist of live delivery of content at the specified time by Cherry Bogunovich. You will also have an opportunity to interact with other participants and engage with Cherry online. Completing this course will contribute to 120 minutes of professional learning and a certificate will be provided at the end of the session.
Prior to the live event, SSTUWA will email you detailed instructions about how to access the online training space via ZOOM.
Elected officers and general members will have an opportunity to:
- Develop their knowledge of key clauses in the 2019 General Agreement and Award.
- Navigate the Red Book 2019 General Agreement, Award and Exchange of Letters.
- Develop an understanding of their rights and responsibilities.
- Explore the 2021 SSTUWA Log of Claims and share information with the branch.
$ Nil : Members Only
SSTUWA Education Officer
Union Representatives, Deputy Representatives and/or a branch member nominated by the Union Representative
Stable internet connection
Laptop/desktop computer with camera
Earphones or headphones (optional)
Trade union training leave - Schools
Members in schools and TAFE colleges are eligible for five days of paid leave per year to attend trade union training (TUT).
To comply with TUT leave requirements applicants must:
- Submit applications to DoE/principal four weeks prior to the event.
- Provide DoE/principal with a printed copy of the course program attached to this form.
- Be nominated by the SSTUWA. See “nominated audience” on the attached course program.
The school will not be charged for the salary of the person attending trade union training - this is covered by the DoE. However, if a relief teacher is required, this is funded through the school's one line budget.
For school administration
When processing TUT leave applications:
- Ensure staff attending training have selected TUT Leave in HRMIS.
- Project code 1471 will be generated within the payment system.
Professional Standards for Teachers in Western Australia
This training relates to the following standards :
Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community