Know Your Rights: Your General Agreement 2019 - Schools (TUT)
19 places available
Start: Tuesday 16 November 2021 - 9.00am
Finish: Tuesday 16 November 2021 - 3.00pm
Location: SSTUWA building, 1 West Street, West Perth WA 6005 (off Thomas Street).
About the course
What is the 'General Agreement 2019'? You've seen 'The Red Book' maybe you even have one. Now is the perfect time to become familiar with the key conditions such as; class sizes and DOTT, as well as new and amended entitlements and conditions that make up the new General Agreement 2019.
This essential one-day course is designed for all members of the Union.
Develop your knowledge to ensure you understand your rights and responsibilities in the workplace.
Leave the day knowing and understanding your conditions and where to go for additional support and advice.
On completion of this course members will have developed:
- Knowledge of how to navigate the 2019 Red Book to explore key clauses including; class sizes, DOTT, performance management and leave entitlements
- Skills to access and interpret information in agreements and awards.
- Awareness of processes and procedures that ensure rights and responsibilities are adhered to by parties.
- Simple problem solving strategies to help manage concerns if they arise at the workplace.
$ Nil : Members Only
Morning tea and lunch provided.
We are able to supply a vegetarian or gluten free option. Please advise us prior to the event. firstname.lastname@example.org
Cherry Bogunovich, Education Officer SSTUWA
Members of SSTUWA - Schools.
Trade union training leave
Members in schools and TAFE colleges are eligible for five days of paid leave per year to attend trade union training (TUT).
To comply with TUT leave requirements applicants must:
- Submit applications to DoE/principal four weeks prior to the event.
- Provide DoE/principal with a printed copy of the course program attached to this form.
- Be nominated by the SSTUWA. See “nominated audience” on the attached course program.
The school will not be charged for the salary of the person attending trade union training - this is covered by the DoE. However, if a relief teacher is required, this is funded through the school's one line budget.
For school administration
When processing TUT leave applications:
- Ensure staff attending training have selected TUT Leave in HRMIS.
- Project code 1471 will be generated within the payment system.
Professional Standards for Teachers in Western Australia
This training relates to the following standards :
Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community