Transitioning from Provisional to Full Registration at TRBWA
18 places available
Start: Thursday 13 January 2022 - 9.00am
Finish: Thursday 13 January 2022 - 12.00pm
Location: SSTUWA building, 1 West Street, West Perth WA 6005 (off Thomas Street).
About the course
Transitioning to Full Registration - What you need to know.
This session is specifically designed for those teachers moving from Provisional to Full Registration.
The session will take you through a step-by-step process and will provide lots of opportunities to discuss and work within small groups to clarify concerns and questions.
Provisional Registration is generally granted to graduate teachers. It allows up to three years for new teachers to strengthen their classroom knowledge and skills. To be granted Full Registration as a teacher in Western Australia, an applicant must demonstrate they have met the Professional Standards at the Proficient Level.
At the conclusion of the course teachers will understand:
- The general requirements of transitioning to Full Registration.
- The requirements around the 100 days of professional engagement.
- The types of evidence that can be used to show achievement of professional standards.
- How to collect and record your evidence.
- Ways to record informal and formal professional learning when in the full registration category.
$ Nil : Members Only
Morning tea provided.
We are able to supply a vegetarian or gluten free option. Please advise us prior to the event. firstname.lastname@example.org
Kevlynn Annandale - SSTUWA
Professional Standards for Teachers in Western Australia
This training relates to the following standards :
Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community