Union Representative Training Level One: Schools (TUT)
Sorry this event is full.
Start: Thursday 28 March 2019 - 9.00am
Finish: Friday 29 March 2019 - 3.00pm
Location: SSTUWA building, 1 West Street, West Perth WA 6005 (off Thomas Street).
About the course
This two-day course is designed for both Union Representatives and Deputy Representatives.
The training will provide essential knowledge and skills to support representatives in their important role of providing union leadership in schools. Learn the roles and responsibilities of this position and build confidence to succeed in this role.
SSTUWA may fund travel and accommodation expenses for currently elected representatives outside the metropolitan area. Each regional application will be assessed by the Education and Training Coordinator for funding approval.
On completion of the course Union Representatives will have:
- A clear understanding of their role and responsibilities in the workplace.
- Practiced skills and developed strategies to represent, advocate, manage, advise and lead members at the workplace.
- Explored support structures and legal processes that lead to dispute resolution.
- Planned how to better manage union business at their workplace.
$ Nil : Members Only
Morning tea and lunch provided.
We are able to supply a vegetarian or gluten free option. Please advise us prior to the event. firstname.lastname@example.org
Cherry Bogunovich, Education Officer SSTUWA
Elected Union and Deputy Representatives
Trade union training leave
Members in schools and TAFE colleges are eligible for five days of paid leave per year to attend trade union training (TUT).
To comply with TUT leave requirements applicants must:
- Submit applications to DoE/principal four weeks prior to the event.
- Provide DoE/principal with a printed copy of the course program attached to this form.
- Be nominated by the SSTUWA. See “nominated audience” on the attached course program.
This leave provision covers teacher relief for members attending SSTUWA TUT courses.
For school administration
When processing TUT leave applications:
- Indicate the leave is “Miscellaneous Paid Leave” when completing an application for leave form.
- “Trade Union Training - project code 1471” should be written under leave type.
Professional Standards for Teachers in Western Australia
This training relates to the following standards :
Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community