Know Your Rights: General Agreement 2017 - TAFE (Part B)
16 places available
Start: Friday 22 March 2019 - 9.00am
Finish: Friday 22 March 2019 - 5.00pm
Location: SSTUWA building, 1 West Street, West Perth WA 6005 (off Thomas Street).
About the course
Know Your Rights: Part B - TAFE is the follow-up course designed for members who have completed the popular introductory course- Know Your Rights: General Agreement Part A - TAFE.
Members will leave this second course with a developed understanding of their conditions and the consultative forums and processes that ensure rights and responsibilities are adhered to by parties.
Register now to spend a second day with Ramona exploring further clauses that clarify the rights and entitlements, relevant to you and your work place.
On completion of this course members will have:
- Reviewed and developed their knowledge on navigating The Little Red Book.
- Shared and explored problem solving strategies that have been employed to manage issues in the workplace.
- An awareness of the processes and procedures that ensure rights and responsibilities are adhered to by parties.
- A developed awareness of the procedures and forums available to members that promote conflict resolution through consultative processes.
$ Nil : Members Only
Morning tea and lunch provided.
We are able to supply a vegetarian or gluten free option. Please advise us prior to the event. firstname.lastname@example.org
Ramona Mitussis -TAFE Organiser
Members who have completed Know Your Rights: Part A - TAFE
Trade union training leave
Members in TAFE colleges are eligible for five days of paid leave per year to attend trade union training (TUT).
To comply with TUT leave requirements applicants must:
- Submit applications to manager through your normal leave application process. You will be applying for Trade Union Training Leave of 7.5 hours per day.
- Provide manager with a printed copy of the course program attached to this form.
- Be nominated by the SSTUWA. See “nominated audience” on the attached course program.