Performance Management: Changes and the Process (TUT)
11 places available
Start: Monday 27 May 2019 - 9.00am
Finish: Monday 27 May 2019 - 3.00pm
Location: SSTUWA building, 1 West Street, West Perth WA 6005 (off Thomas Street).
About the course
What is Performance Management?
What is the Performance Management Process? Why do I have to be involved?
What is my role in the process? What is my line manager’s role?
Reflecting and revisiting these questions will drive this one-day course as members explore:
• The Act, Agreement and Exchange of Letters
• Changes to Performance Management
• The Performance Management cycle
During this course participants will work with relevant legal documentation and the SSTUWA publication: Performance Management: A Guide for SSTUWA Members.
On completion of this course members will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the legal requirements behind the Performance Management Process.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the formal policy, General Agreement 2017 and Exchange of Letters.
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of the employer, employee and the line manager in the Performance Management Process.
- Navigate and refer to the publication Performance Management: A Guide for SSTUWA Members to source and share information.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the SSTUWA early intervention approach to sub-standard performance.
$ Nil : Members Only
Morning tea and lunch provided.
We are able to supply a vegetarian or gluten free option. Please advise us prior to the event. email@example.com
Cherry Bogunovich Education Officer SSTUWA
Members of SSTUWA - Schools
Trade union training leave
Members in schools and TAFE colleges are eligible for five days of paid leave per year to attend trade union training (TUT).
To comply with TUT leave requirements applicants must:
- Submit applications to DoE/principal four weeks prior to the event.
- Provide DoE/principal with a printed copy of the course program attached to this form.
- Be nominated by the SSTUWA. See “nominated audience” on the attached course program.
The school will not be charged for the salary of the person attending trade union training - this is covered by the DoE. However, if a relief teacher is required, this is funded through the school's one line budget.
For school administration
When processing TUT leave applications:
- Ensure staff attending training have selected TUT Leave in HRMIS.
- Project code 1471 will be generated within the payment system.
This training relates to the following standards :
Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community