District Council: Meeting and Delegate Training: Bunbury
22 places available
Start: Wednesday 13 March 2019 - 9.00am
Finish: Wednesday 13 March 2019 - 3.00pm
Venue: Dalyellup College (Boardroom), Wake Drive, Dalyellup, Tel: 9795 2000
Registration Deadline: Wednesday 6 March 2019
Union Delegate Training
District Council delegate training is designed for elected SSTUWA District Council delegates and branch officers. Participants will develop fundamental knowledge and skills to enable effective union leadership in the workplace.
1. Building the Branch
- Recruitment conversation
- Workload reduction plan
- Working collectively to enforce the agreement
2. Safety in Schools campaign
- DoE - 10 Point Plan
- KOWS (Keeping our Workplace Safe)
District Council Meeting
1. Acknowledgement of Country
2. Confirmation of previous minutes of 8 August 2018
3. Matters arising from minutes of 8 August 2018
4. Delegate reports (5 minutes each)
- Branch establishment
- Branch membership and recruitment
- Branch issues - top 3 issues
5. Senior Officers' report:
- GA 2019 preparation and planning
- GA 2017 Implementation
- Federal Fair Funding Now! campaign schools
- Federal TAFE campaign
- ECE Play is Learning campaign
- GROH campaign
- Safety in Schools campaign
6. Branch motions
7. General business
Where the District Council meeting is not on your normal work day, childcare provision is available on request and approval by the General Secretary. Email requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
$ Nil : Members Only
Paul Bridge, Senior Vice President
Sally Dennis, District Organiser
District Council delegates
SSTUWA Branch officers
Trade union training (TUT) leave
Members in schools and TAFE colleges are eligible for five days of paid leave per year to attend trade union training (TUT).
To comply with TUT leave requirements applicants must:
- Submit applications to DoE/principal four weeks prior to the event.
- Provide DoE/principal with a printed copy of the course program attached to this form.
- Be nominated by the SSTUWA. See “nominated audience” on the attached course program.
This leave provision covers teacher relief for members attending SSTUWA TUT courses.
For school administration
When processing TUT leave applications:
- Indicate the leave is “Miscellaneous Paid Leave” when completing an application for leave form.
- “Trade Union Training - project code 1471” should be written under leave type.
Professional Standards for Teachers in Western Australia
This training relates to the following standards :
Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community