District Council: Meeting and Delegate Training: Goldfields - Kalgoorlie
23 places available
Start: Wednesday 13 March 2019 - 9.00am
Finish: Wednesday 13 March 2019 - 3.00pm
Venue: WA School of Mines (Room 2 - WMC Conference Centre), 44 MacDonald Street, Kalgoorlie, Tel: 9088 6143
Registration Deadline: Wednesday 6 March 2019
Union Delegate Training
District Council delegate training is designed for elected SSTUWA District Council delegates and branch officers. Participants will develop fundamental knowledge and skills to enable effective union leadership in the workplace.
1. Building the Branch
- Recruitment conversation
- Workload reduction plan
- Working collectively to enforce the agreement
2. Safety in Schools campaign
- DoE - 10 Point Plan
- KOWS (Keeping our Workplace Safe)
District Council Meeting
1. Acknowledgement of Country
2. Confirmation of previous minutes of 15 August 2018
3. Matters arising from minutes of 15 August 2018
4. Delegate reports (5 minutes each)
- Branch establishment
- Branch membership and recruitment
- Branch issues - top 3 issues
5. Senior Officers' report:
- GA 2019 preparation and planning
- GA 2017 Implementation
- Federal Fair Funding Now! campaign schools
- Federal TAFE campaign
- ECE Play is Learning campaign
- GROH campaign
- Safety in Schools campaign
6. Branch motions
7. General business
Where the District Council meeting is not on your normal work day, childcare provision is available on request and approval by the General Secretary. Email requests to email@example.com
$ Nil : Members Only
Mary Franklyn, General Secretary
Natalie Swinbourne, District Organiser
District Council delegates
SSTUWA Branch officers
Trade union training (TUT) leave
Members in schools and TAFE colleges are eligible for five days of paid leave per year to attend trade union training (TUT).
To comply with TUT leave requirements applicants must:
- Submit applications to DoE/principal four weeks prior to the event.
- Provide DoE/principal with a printed copy of the course program attached to this form.
- Be nominated by the SSTUWA. See “nominated audience” on the attached course program.
The school will not be charged for the salary of the person attending trade union training - this is covered by the DoE. However, if a relief teacher is required, this is funded through the school's one line budget.
For school administration
When processing TUT leave applications:
- Ensure staff attending training have selected TUT Leave in HRMIS.
- Project code 1471 will be generated within the payment system.
Professional Standards for Teachers in Western Australia
This training relates to the following standards :
Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community