Education Specific Five-Day Introductory Course for OSH Representatives
Sorry this event is full.
Start: Monday 26 October 2020 - 9.00am
Finish: Friday 30 October 2020 - 4.00pm
Location: SSTUWA building, 1 West Street, West Perth WA 6005 (off Thomas Street).
About the course
This five-day course is a statutory requirement for elected OSH representatives. It provides OSH Representatives within the Education Department with the skills and knowledge necessary to effectively perform their functions in protecting and promoting the safety and health of those they represent.
This course is accredited by Worksafe WA.
The course will involve both theory and practical work. There are no formal assessments but participants must attend all five days to qualify as a trained OSH representative and receive a certificate.
Information on eligibility and expenses for this course can be downloaded at OSH Training Course Information 2020
This course is open to members and non-members of the SSTUWA and to all Department of Education staff.
Regionally Based Participants
If you are regionally based, it is important that you receive permission from the DoE to attend this event in Perth. We ask you to do this ASAP.
For permission to attend you must contact DoE, Employee Relations, OSH Team on 92648640 or email email@example.com.
As the DoE is funding your participation, travel and expenses, they will check if there might be an alternative location for you to attend.Once you have received permission, please forward a copy of your written approval to the Education and Training Centre here at the SSTUWA. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participants will be able to:
- Understand the OSH legislation relevant to their role.
- Apply the legislation to specific situations within educational settings.
- Apply DoE policy, procedures and agreements when carrying out the role of a representative.
- Carry out workplace inspections.
- Issue Provisional Improvement Notices (PINS) based on consultation, communication and cooperation.
- Investigate accidents and incidents.
- Follow procedures for resolving issues.
- Communicate and negotiate with appropriate parties.
- Identify hazards and appropriate control measures.
$ 0 : DoE covers costs
Morning tea and lunch provided.
We are able to supply a vegetarian or gluten free option. Please advise us prior to the event. email@example.com
Elaine Gunn, Unity Training
SSTUWA OSH Organiser
Elected Safety and Health Representatives