District Council: Meeting and Delegate Training: Esperance
26 places available
Start: Tuesday 31 March 2020 - 9.00am
Finish: Tuesday 31 March 2020 - 3.00pm
Location: Pier Hotel (Cocktail Lounge)
The Esplanade, Esperance, Telephone: 9071 1777
Registration Deadline: 23 March 2020
Union Delegate Training
District Council delegate training is designed for elected SSTUWA District Council delegates and branch officers. Participants will develop fundamental knowledge and skills to enable effective union leadership in the workplace.
1) Safety in our Schools
• Implementation of KOWS (Keeping our Workplace Safe) and the Minister's 10-point plan 'What can you do
to support your school?'
2) SSTUWA purpose and direction
• Increasing union presence and participation in our schools.
3) Building Our Union at our Schools/Colleges
District Council meeting
1) Acknowledgement of Country
2) Confirmation of previous minutes of 4 September 2019
3) Matters arising from minutes of 4 September 2019
4) District/Branch Reports and Planning
5) Campaign Reports - Education and Actions
5.1 General Agreement negotiations
5.2 Build Our Union - Membership Growth
5.3 Safety is Our Priority
5.4 Early Childhood Education
• Play is Learning
• Funding for Pre-Primary and Kindergarten
6) General Business
Where the District Council meeting is not on your normal work day, childcare provision is available on request and approval by the General Secretary. Email requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
Free - Members only.
Mary Franklyn, General Secretary
Cathy Smith, District Organiser
District Council delegates
SSTUWA Branch officers
Trade union training leave
Members in schools and TAFE colleges are eligible for five days of paid leave per year to attend trade union training (TUT).
To comply with TUT leave requirements applicants must:
- Submit applications to DoE/principal four weeks prior to the event.
- Provide DoE/principal with a printed copy of the course program attached to this form.
- Be nominated by the SSTUWA. See “nominated audience” on the attached course program.
This leave provision covers teacher relief for members attending SSTUWA TUT courses.
For school administration
When processing TUT leave applications:
- Ensure staff attending training have selected TUT Leave in HRMIS.
- Project code 1471 will be generated within the payment system.
Professional Standards for Teachers in Western Australia
This training relates to the following standards :
Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community