Better Well-being Equals Better Teaching and Learning (K-12)
9 places available
Start: Thursday 16 July 2020 - 10.00am
Finish: Thursday 16 July 2020 - 3.00pm
Location: SSTUWA building, 1 West Street, West Perth WA 6005 (off Thomas Street)
About the course
When our brains are in a state of stress, we literally cannot teach - or learn - as effectively as possible. We take the STRESS out of SCHOOL, turn WORRY into WELL-BEING and LEVERAGE LEARNING - all based on brain-science, psychology and eight years of classroom teaching experience doing exactly this in primary and secondary classrooms.
Our workshops are perfectly aligned with the new Australian Student Well-Being Framework, ACARA's Peronal and Social Capabillity, and all seven of AITSL's standards. Our approach fits perfectly with STEM, PBS, SEL, PERMA, Pos Ed, Visible Learning and Growth-Mindset.
Learn how you can Stress Less for Success! This is at the FORE-FRONT of the FUTURE in EDUCATION, as recommended by the OECD's Centre for Educational Research and Innovation. We provide CUTTING-EDGE BRAIN-BASED PEDAGOGICAL PRACTICES - for every teacher, of every subject, in every year.
Teachers will learn:
- Exactly what to do and say, to make teaching and learning as ENJOYABLE, EASIER and EFFECTIVE as possible, while boosting staff and student well-being.
- Exactly how you can help students learn best, by understanding the inherent link between learning and well-being from an Educational Neuro-Science and Psychology perspective.
- Exactly how to MOTIVATE, EXCITE AND ENGAGE your students in the learning process. Todd Budden (The Mindful Man).
Teachers will be able to:
- Manage Their Own Stress and Improve Their Own Well-Being.
- Minimise Student Stress and Maximise Student Well-Being.
- Have Better Student Behaviour and Enjoy Time in the Classroom.
- Create More Engaging Lessons and Improve Student Learning Outcomes.
Safety, Hygiene and Social Distancing
The SSTUWA is committed to following all up-to-date safety and health regulations related to COVID 19 throughout these training events.
We request that participants bring their own mug for use at training and that any participant not feeling well or showing fever, cough or flu-like symptoms cancel their registration and not attend.
$ 100 : Members: Part Time/Relief/Student
$ 200 : Members: Full Time
$ 320 : Non-Members
Morning tea on arrival and lunch provided.
We are able to supply a vegetarian or gluten free option. Please advise prior to the event. email@example.com
Tammy-Anne Caldwell - Above and Beyond Education
Todd Budden - The Mindful Man
Early Childhood, Primary and Secondary Teachers
Professional Standards for Teachers in Western Australia
This training covers all professional standards :
Standard 1 – Know students and how they learn
Standard 2 – Know the content and how to teach it
Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
Standard 4 – Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments
Standard 5 – Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning
Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community