District Council Representative Training (TUT 1-3pm) and Meeting 3-4.30pm: Goldfields (Kalgoorlie)
23 places available
Start: Thursday 17 September 2020 - 12.30pm
Finish: Thursday 17 September 2020 - 4.30pm
Light Lunch 12.30pm
Training 1-3pm (TUT)
DC Meeting 3-4.30pm
Location: Tower Hotel, Cnr Bourke and Maritana Streets
Kalgoorlie Tel: 9080 6700
Registration Deadline: 8 September 2020
Union Delegate Training (TUT) 1-3pm
About the Course:
The course will aim to develop fundamental knowledge and skills to enable effective union leadership in the workplace.
District Council Representatives will:
1) Develop an understanding of state and federal matters relevant to public education and the public
2) Clarify their role in undertaking the position and explore directions for supporting members in the
3) Explore the New General Agreement and Award 2019.
4) Explore strategies to effectively build their union.
District Council Meeting 3-4.30pm
1) Acknowledgement of Country
2) Confirmation of previous minutes of 11 March 2020
3) Matters arising from previous minutes of 11 March
4) District/Branch reports and planning
5) Senior Officer's report:
5.1 General Agreement 2019 - implementation
updates and matters arising
5.2 Safety At Work Campaign - promotion and
update on new case management procedures
5.3 Curriculum change - National Agenda
6) General business
Where the District Council meeting is not on your normal work day, childcare provision is available on request and approval by the General Secretary. Email requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free - Members only.
Mary Franklyn, General Secretary
Simona Grieco, District Organiser
One District Council Representative per school/branch or a nominated proxy.
Minimum of 12 months service with the DoE.
Trade union training leave
Members in schools and TAFE colleges are eligible for five days of paid leave per year to attend trade union training (TUT).
To comply with TUT leave requirements applicants must:
- Submit applications to DoE/principal four weeks prior to the event.
- Provide DoE/principal with a printed copy of the course program attached to this form.
- Be nominated by the SSTUWA. See “nominated audience” on the attached course program.
The school will not be charged for the salary of the person attending trade union training - this is covered by the DoE. However, if a relief teacher is required, this is funded through the school's one line budget.
For school administration
When processing TUT leave applications:
- Ensure staff attending training have selected TUT Leave in HRMIS.
- Project code 1471 will be generated within the payment system.
Professional Standards for Teachers in Western Australia
This training relates to the following standards :
Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community