Online Event :The New 2019 General Agreement: Schools (TUT) Live via Zoom - 90 mins
15 places available
Start: Thursday 3 December 2020 - 1.30pm
Finish: Thursday 3 December 2020 - 3.00pm
Location: Zoom online learning space. Login at least 10 mins prior to start time
About the course
The SSTUWA, pleased to offer this online learning opportunity to Union Representatives, Deputy Representatives and general members. This online event does not replace the current face-to-face, full-day event -Know Your Rights The New 2019 Agreement but will provide members with the opportunity to build a deeper understanding of the key changes to the 2019 General Agreement and Award. The module will support regional and remote area members to:
- Identify and explore key changes to the 2019 Agreement, the Award and the Exchange of Letters.
- Discover and share ways to encourage members to access and refer to the new 2019 Agreement and Award.
- Explore the 2019 SSTUWA Log of Claims and explore how to begin to prepare for the 2021 Log of Claims.
The event will be 90 minutes in duration and consist of live delivery of content at the specified time by a presenter and a host. You will also have an opportunity to interact with other participants and engage with the presenter online. Completing this course will contribute to 90 minutes of professional learning and a certificate will be provided at the end of the session.
Prior to the live event, SSTUWA will email you detailed instructions about how to access the online training space via Zoom.
$ Nil : Members Only
SSTUWA Education Officer
Union Reps and Deputy Reps
General SSTUWA Members
Stable internet connection
Earphones or headphones (optional)
Trade union training leave - Schools
Members in schools and TAFE colleges are eligible for five days of paid leave per year to attend trade union training (TUT).
To comply with TUT leave requirements applicants must:
- Submit applications to DoE/principal four weeks prior to the event.
- Provide DoE/principal with a printed copy of the course program attached to this form.
- Be nominated by the SSTUWA. See “nominated audience” on the attached course program.
The school will not be charged for the salary of the person attending trade union training - this is covered by the DoE. However, if a relief teacher is required, this is funded through the school's one line budget.
For school administration
When processing TUT leave applications:
- Ensure staff attending training have selected TUT Leave in HRMIS.
- Project code 1471 will be generated within the payment system.
Professional Standards for Teachers in Western Australia
This training relates to the following standards :
Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community