Education Specific Two-Day Refresher Course for OSH Representatives
6 places available
Start: Monday 23 August 2021 - 9.00am
Finish: Tuesday 24 August 2021 - 4.00pm
Location: SSTUWA building, 1 West Street, West Perth WA 6005 (off Thomas Street)
About the course
If you have already attended an introductory OSH representative five day course during your previous term of office, then you can access a Post Introductory/Refresher course.
This course is designed to update OSH representatives within the Department of Education and confirm the functions of an OSH representative in promoting the safety of health of those they represent. It will provide you with updated information around OSH legislation specific to educational settings.
This course is open to members and non-members of the SSTUWA and all Department of Education staff.
Regionally Based Participants
If you are regionally based, it is important that you receive permission from the DoE to attend this event in Perth. We ask you to do this ASAP.
For permission to attend you must contact DoE, Employee Relations, OSH Team on 9264 8640 or email email@example.com.
As the DoE is funding your participation, travel and expenses, they will check if there might be an alternative location for you to attend.
Once you have received permission, please forward a copy of your written approval to the Education and Training Centre here at the SSTUWA. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participants will be able to:
- Review and understand the OSH legislation relevant to their role.
- Apply the legislation to specific situations within educational settings.
- Apply DoE policy, procedures and agreements when carrying out the role of a representative.
- Use their own experiences in the workplace to discuss hazards and the process of investigating them.
- Issue Provisional Improvement Notices (PINS) based on consultation, communication and cooperation.
- Follow procedures for resolving issues.
- Communicate and negotiate with appropriate parties.
Participants will receive a certificate of attendance. There are no formal assessments.
$ 0 : DoE covers costs
Morning tea and lunch provided.
We are able to supply a vegetarian or gluten free option. Please advise us prior to the event. email@example.com
Elaine Gunn, Unity Training
Antony Pearson, SSTUWA OSH Organiser
Elected Safety and Health Reps in second or subsequent term of office. Previously attended five day course.