Using Emotional Intelligence to Build Influence and Resilience for Teachers
29 places available
Start: Friday 9 April 2021 - 9.00am
Finish: Friday 9 April 2021 - 1.00pm
Location: SSTUWA building, 1 West Street, West Perth WA 6005 (off Thomas Street)
About the course
This half- day workshop will extend participants’ understanding of emotional intelligence and its application to and implications for:
1) workplace leadership and influence.
2) working collaboratively with colleagues.
3)building collaborative team functions.
Within this context, participants will also explore the development of constructive strategies to increase their personal resources and resilience through the exploration of:
- Factors underlying resilience.
- Handling the stress and uncertainty of changes in the work environment.
- Strategies for personal well-being.
During this course participants will:
- Define emotional intelligence and identify sources of power and influence.
- Examine levels of team function to diagnose and improve team effectiveness.
- Discuss communication behaviours that contribute to effective teams.
- Identify ways for fostering, maintaining and improving ones own resilience.
$ 75 : Members: Part Time/Relief/Student
$ 150 : Members: Full Time
$ 250 : Non-Members
Morning tea provided.
We are able to supply a vegetarian or gluten free option. Please advise us prior to the event. email@example.com
Director, PDT Consultancy
Professional Standards for Teachers in Western Australia
This training relates to the following standards :
Standard 4 – Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments.
Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community.