Keeping Educators Skilled up and Safe (TUT)
Mon 16 Aug @ 9.00am - Tue 17 Aug @ 3.30pm
Applying for Level 3 Classroom Teacher: Stage Two- Reflective Practice
Sat 28 Aug @ 9.00am - 3.30pm
ECE Conference: K-2 (TUT) - Leading Happy and Healthy Lives in Early Childhood Education
Fri 10 Sep @ 9.00am - 3.30pm
Early Childhood Education Committee
At the beginning of each calendar year, members are invited to nominate to become a Early Childhood Educator committee member for the current year. Should members wish to nominate as a committee member the following year, they can do so by completing a new nomination form in the following year.
Committees are restricted to a maximum of 15 people with the exception of the TAFE committee. Should there be more than 15 nominations, an election will be conducted by the returning officer for the SSTUWA. Nomination forms and details can be found here.
While the SSTUWA committees generally meet once a term, committees may meet more frequently or less frequently depending on issues that need to be discussed.
Members do not necessarily have to be teaching or leading in the committee area, but may have a specific interest and be able to provide valuable perspective in that committee area.
Meetings are held at the SSTUWA office outside of the school day with teleconference facilities available for those unable to attend in person.
The terms of reference below have been endorsed by Executive and will be used as the framework to guide committee discussions.
- Review and revise relevant union policy
- Assist in the formulation of position papers
- Assist in the planning and organisation of seminars, conferences and other membership activities
- Monitor government and employer actions under relevant legislation.
- Evaluate SSTUWA rules, policies and other positions as examples of “best practice”
- Consider and make recommendations on matters referred by the Administrative Committee and Executive
- Make recommendations to Executive on matters considered by the committee
What is the Early Childhood Education Committee?
The SSTUWA Early Childhood Education (ECE) Committee is a Standing Committee of the SSTUWA representing Early Childhood Educators in WA public schools. Samantha Schofield, SSTUWA Vice President, is the Senior Officer/Executive member, Jacqui Macliver and Cherry Bogunovich hold roles as ECE portfolio union officers, and are ex-officio members of the group.
The chair and vice chair are elected from the committee.