43 PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
- 43.1 This clause is subject to the Public Sector Management Act 1994.
- 43.2 In managing employee performance the Department will take into account:
- (a) training and development;
- (b) application of skill and competencies;
- (c) capacity to perform at required level;
- (d) individual accountability; and
- (e) communication and feedback.
- 43.3 In managing substandard performance, the Director General, as the employing authority will:
- (a) employ and demonstrate a proper, relevant, unbiased and fair process;
- (b) treat employees fairly and consistently; and
- (c) not impose an unreasonable workload burden on any employee who is subject to a substandard performance process.
- 43.4 Where a change is proposed to the Performance Management Policy, the Department will consult with the Union with a view to reaching agreement.
- 43.5 In the event that no agreement can be reached the matter may be referred in accordance with clause 41- Dispute Settlement Procedure of this Agreement.