The SSTUWA International Committee seeks to initiate, respond to and coordinate various supportive activities in solidarity with teachers and especially unions around the world, in particular, but not limited to:
- 1. Raising awareness of globalisation and its impacts on resource availability for public education, access to quality public education, and equal access to public education;
- 2. Supporting requests, where practicable, by Education International, with special regard to supporting teacher unionists threatened with imprisonment, torture and denial of basic union rights;
- 3. Forming ongoing links with the Australian Education Union overseas aid arm Union Aid Abroad – APHEDA, and the ACTU;
- 4. Supporting the UnionsWA International Committee and supporting SIGTUR and related campaigns;
- 5. Raising member awareness of The One World Centre in relation to teacher education of students;
- 6. Supporting the formation of teacher unions in other countries; and
- 7. Developing over time various supports for teacher development and growth in other countries, such as Timor Leste.
The SSTUWA International Committee exists to raise awareness of all these issues and encourage participation among the membership.