About the Log of Claims
What is the Log of Claims?
The Log of Claims is a list of asks aiming to improve conditions for the public school system. It is used to negotiate the next General Agreement between the SSTUWA and Department of Education.
How was the Log of Claims developed?
This Log of Claims has been developed following an extensive and cyclical consultation process that includes:
- Feedback from across our various committees.
- A workshop at the November 2022 State Council.
- Branch and District Council motions submitted to June State Council. These submissions were advertised for in each edition of Western Teacher from January 2023.
- Discussions at each Term 1 District Council.
- Draft log presented to June 2023 State Council for discussion, amendment, revision and vote.
- Amended log presented to Executive for final sign-off.
Your representatives at June State Council have authorised the draft Log of Claims to be sent to branches for endorsement.