Retired Teachers’ Association of the SSTUWA
Upon retirement, become a retired teacher member of the SSTUWA and retain your benefits of membership. The cost is $25 per year. (Note: retired teacher members cannot vote in union elections.)
Retired Teachers' Association (RTA) activities
In retirement you can enjoy the activities of the RTA, which may include:
- Actively engaging in SSTUWA and union campaigns and initiatives.
- Staying up-to-date with the profession through Western Teacher magazine and union communications.
- Quarterly meetings with guest speakers.
- Day outings and excursions to places of interest.
- RTA choir.
- RTA literature group.
- Annual luncheon each November.
- Annual morning tea with the SSTUWA.
- Annual concert (each June).
- Annual general meeting (March).
We are interested in your ideas and invite your participation at all levels.
Look out for RTA updates on the noticeboard page of each edition of Western Teacher. Any correspondence should be directed to PO Box 22 Mosman Park WA 6912.
The Retired Teachers' Association of the SSTUWA is the successive body of the Retired Teachers' Association (Inc.)