Jimmy Pike Visual Art Program
The new Primary School Visual Arts Program explores the work of Aboriginal artist Jimmy Pike. Jimmy's love of vivid colour and use of textas influenced the bright colour palettes of artists across many Aboriginal communities. Children are excited by Jimmy's art and we are excited to share this set of lesson plans that are approved by Jimmy's family through the Jimmy Pike Trust.
The lesson plans are available as a free download at: Jimmy Pike Visual Art Program
About Visual Arts Program Series
Over three years we've bought together; Ana Nail a specialist primary art teacher with in-depth curriculum knowledge, Aboriginal artists representatives, cultural advisors and primary school art students to create and test these lesson plans. This new Jimmy Pike Visual Arts Program offers another exciting set of lesson plans that create a meaningful connection with Jimmy Pike’s distinctive and internationally recognised artwork
All three Visual Art Programs in our series offer art educators;
- Comprehensive step-by-step visual art lesson plans
- Visual arts skills through a hands-on learning process
- Celebration of three respected Australian Aboriginal artists
- Culturally appropriate topics for children
- Developed in consultation with artist representatives
- Meets Australian & WA Curriculum requirements
- Classroom-tested, student work examples included
- Accessible resource for teachers with or without specialist art training
- Resources available as a free download for teachers.
- See all lesson plans at: https://japingkaaboriginalart.com/education/