District Industrial Training Forum: Kimberley-Pilbara (Broome)
24 places available
Training Forum: 8.30am-2.30pm
District Council Meeting: 2.30pm - 3.30pm
Start: Friday 10 September 2021 - 8.30am
Finish: Friday 10 September 2021 - 3.30pm
Location: Mangrove Hotel (Dampier Room)
47 Carnarvon Street
Broome WA 6725
Tel: 9192 1303
Thursday 9 September
Drinks and Dinner: 6pm (The Aarli, 2/6 Hamersley Street, Broome)
Registration Deadline: Wednesday 25 August 2021
District Delegate Training Forum
District Council delegate training is designed for elected SSTUWA District Council delegates and branch officers.
Participants will develop fundamental knowledge and skills to enable effective union leadership in the
1) Campaigning in 2021/2022 - what does it mean for your branch: EBA 2021 - including the Public Sector Alliance
2) State Government initiatives report
3) New casual seeker tool
4) Strategies to address teacher well-being
5) Working together to create a collective
District Council Meeting
1) Acknowledgement of Country
2) Confirmation of previous minutes of 27 March 2021
3) Matters arising from previous minutes of 27 March 2021
4) Senior Officer's report:
4.1 Strategic directions of the SSTUWA
4.2 Curriculum documents
4.3 International report
4.4 Senior teacher program
5) Branch motions (to be received a week before the meeting)
6) General business (forward matters for the agenda a week prior to firstname.lastname@example.org
Where the District Council meeting is not on your normal work day, childcare provision is available on request and approval by the General Secretary. Email requests to email@example.com.
Free - Members only.
Pat Byrne, President
Frank Herzog, District Organiser
District Council delegates
SSTUWA Branch officers
(Max. 2 delegates per branch)
Trade union training leave
Members in schools and TAFE colleges are eligible for five days of paid leave per year to attend trade union training (TUT).
To comply with TUT leave requirements applicants must:
- Submit applications to DoE/principal four weeks prior to the event.
- Provide DoE/principal with a printed copy of the course program attached to this form.
- Be nominated by the SSTUWA. See “nominated audience” on the attached course program.
The school will not be charged for the salary of the person attending trade union training - this is covered by the DoE. However, if a relief teacher is required, this is funded through the school's one line budget.
For school administration
When processing TUT leave applications:
- Ensure staff attending training have selected TUT Leave in HRMIS.
- Project code 1471 will be generated within the payment system.
Professional Standards for Teachers in Western Australia
This training relates to the following standards :
Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community