TAFE Union Representative and Committee Delegates Training (TUT)
16 places available
Start: Thursday 8 September 2022 - 9.00am
Finish: Friday 9 September 2022 - 5.00pm
Location: SSTUWA building, 1 West Street, West Perth WA 6005 (off Thomas Street)
About the course
This two-day course is designed for TAFE Union Representatives, Aspiring Representatives and TAFE Committee Delegates.
The training will provide fundamental knowledge and skills that enable effective union leadership in the workplace.
SSTUWA may fund travel and accommodation expenses for currently elected Representatives outside the metropolitan area. Each regional application will be assessed by the Education and Training Centre Coordinator for funding approval.
During the course participants will:
• Explore and navigate the TAFE General Agreement.
• Develop an in-depth understanding of clauses that affect TAFE
• Practice skills and develop strategies to represent, advocate,
manage and lead members at their workplace.
• Explore support structures and legal processes that lead to dispute
• Plan how to better manage union business at their workplace.
• Explore the structure and operations of the Joint Consultative
$ Nil : Members Only
Morning tea and lunch provided.
We are able to supply a vegetarian or gluten free option. Please advise us prior to the event. email@example.com
Ramona Mitussis -TAFE Organiser SSTUWA
TAFE Union Reps, Aspiring Union Reps, TAFE Committee Delegates.
Trade union training leaveTAFE
Members in TAFE colleges are eligible for five days of paid leave per year to attend trade union training (TUT).
To comply with TUT leave requirements applicants must:
- Submit applications to manager through your normal leave application process. You will be applying for Trade Union Training Leave of 7.5 hours per day.
- Provide manager with a printed copy of the course program attached to this form.
- Be nominated by the SSTUWA. See “nominated audience” on the attached course program.