Know Your Rights: New General Agreement 2021 - TAFE (TUT)
15 places available
Start: Friday 28 October 2022 - 9.00am
Finish: Friday 28 October 2022 - 3.00pm
Location: Gary Holland Community Centre, 19 Kent Street, Rockingham
About the course
This essential course is one in a series of two, designed for those who wish to learn what is where in The Red Book. This course will cover new and amended entitlements that make up the new General Agreement 2021.
Participants will leave this course knowing how to navigate The Red Book and with a better understanding
of some key conditions in the new General Agreement.
Join Ramona at this introductory one-day course to explore clauses that clarify your rights and entitlements relevant to your work place.
On completion of this course members will have:
- Knowledge of how to navigate the 2021 Red Book.
- Shared and explored problem solving strategies that have been employed to manage issues in the workplace.
- An awareness of the processes and procedures that ensure rights and responsibilities are adhered to by parties.
- A developed awareness of the procedures and forums available to members that promote conflict resolution through consultative processes.
$ Nil : Members Only
Morning tea and lunch provided.
Ramona Mitussis - TAFE Organiser
General Membership - TAFE
Trade union training leave
Members in TAFE colleges are eligible for five days of paid leave per year to attend trade union training (TUT).
To comply with TUT leave requirements applicants must:
- Submit applications to manager through your normal leave application process. You will be applying for Trade Union Training Leave of 7.5 hours per day.
- Provide manager with a printed copy of the course program attached to this form.
- Be nominated by the SSTUWA. See “nominated audience” on the attached course program.