Education Specific One-Day WHS Refresher Course for HSRs
20 places available
Start: Monday 14 August 2023 - 9.00am
Finish: Monday 14 August 2023 - 4.00pm
Location: SSTUWA building, 1 West Street, West Perth WA 6005 (off Thomas Street)
About the course
If you attended the new Five-Day Introductory Course in 2022 as the newly elected HSR, under the new legislation you are eligible to attend a refresher course in both your 2nd and 3rd years of your term.
This one-day course is designed to review key aspects of the five-day course and provide opportunities to apply specific aspects of the legislation to your personal educational setting. Delve more deeply into DoE policies, procedures and agreements when carrying out the role of the HSR.
DoE HSR’s are eligible to register for this course if they meet the following criteria:
- You completed the new Five-Day Introductory, Education Specific WHS Course in 2022.
- You have written permission from DoE Central Office OSH Team to attend the course in Perth If you are from a regional area.
Participants will be able to:
- Review and understand the WHS legislation relevant to their role.
- Apply the legislation to specific situations within educational settings.
- Apply DoE policy, procedures and agreements when carrying out the role of a representative
$ 0 : DoE covers costs
Morning tea and lunch provided.
Elaine Gunn, Unity Training.
SSTUWA OSH Organiser
Elected Safety and Health Reps in second year. Previously attended the new WHS five day course.