Collaborative and Proactive Solutions to Behaviour Engagement (K-6) NEW
14 places available
Start: Tuesday 16 July 2019 - 9.00am
Finish: Tuesday 16 July 2019 - 12.30pm
Location: SSTUWA building, 1 West Street, West Perth WA 6005 (off Thomas Street)
About the course
Do you have complex behaviour contexts to manage in your primary class setting?
Collaborative & Proactive Solutions is an evidenced based framework that can be incorporated into the
professional practice of the classroom teacher to work with students to support skill development. The body of
research supporting the effectiveness of the CPS model in diverse settings
continues to grow.
CPS is a skill acquisition model whereby lagging skills are identified and solution
focused frameworks are used. These are applied within the context of helping relationships to address lagging
skills and develop new pathways to address difficulties for our challenged students.
CPS is being used in North Metro SSENBE to engage with complex behaviour
support. This workshop will focus on the framework and how it can be employed in a primary school setting. It is a trauma
informed approach to working with complex behaviour presentations in the class setting.
During this event participants will:
- View the Collaborative & Proactive Solutions model.
- Explore the philosophy and perspectives that underpin the CPS approach.
- Learn the structures of the CPS approach:
- How to identify lagging skills through the ALSUP.
- How to define identified problems and difficulties.
- Learn the Plan B approach.
- How we use a Plan B approach to address student difficulties.
- How where and when to use Plan B to support our students.
- Explore how CPS can be employed in the school setting.
$ 75 : Members: Part Time/Relief/Student
$ 150 : Members: Full Time
$ 250 : Non-Members
Morning tea provided.
We are able to supply a vegetarian or gluten free option. Please advise prior to the event. firstname.lastname@example.org
Clarkson Engagement Centre
Primary Teachers and Administrators
Professional Standards for Teachers in Western Australia
This training relates to the following standards:
Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
Standard 4 – Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments
Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community