District Council Meeting and Delegate Training: Belmont/Fremantle/Jandakot/Kalamunda/Maylands/Perth/Riverton/Victoria Park
19 places available
Start: Tuesday 20 August 2019 - 9.00am
Finish: Tuesday 20 August 2019 - 3.00pm
Location: SSTUWA building, 1 West Street, West Perth WA 6005 (off Thomas Street)
Union Delegate Training
District Council delegate training is designed for elected SSTUWA District Council delegates and branch officers. Participants will develop fundamental knowledge and skills to enable effective union leadership in the workplace.
Importance of Planning:
1) Building the Branch
- Recruitment conversation
- Working collectively to enforce the agreement
2) Safety in Schools: the documents
District Council meeting
1) Acknowledgement of Country
2) Confirmation of previous minutes of 14 March 2019
3) Matters arising from minutes of 14 March 2019
4) Delegate reports (5 minutes each)
- Branch establishment
- Branch membership and recruitment
- Branch issues - top three issues
5) Senior Officers' report:
5.1 General Agreement 2019
- Log of Claims
- Context for SSTUWA
5.2 Safety is Our Priority campaign update
5.3 ECE Play is Learning campaign report
5.4 Leadership strategies
5.5 Federal government education agenda
6) Branch motions
7) General business
Where the District Council meeting is not on your normal work day, childcare provision is available on request and approval by the General Secretary. Email requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
$ Nil : Members Only
Pat Byrne, President
Natalie Blewitt, Acting Vice President
Ian Daw and Antony Pearson, Distirct Organisers
District Council delegates
SSTUWA Branch officers
Trade union training leave
Members in schools and TAFE colleges are eligible for five days of paid leave per year to attend trade union training (TUT).
To comply with TUT leave requirements applicants must:
- Submit applications to DoE/principal four weeks prior to the event.
- Provide DoE/principal with a printed copy of the course program attached to this form.
- Be nominated by the SSTUWA. See “nominated audience” on the attached course program.
This leave provision covers teacher relief for members attending SSTUWA TUT courses.
For school administration
When processing TUT leave applications:
- Ensure staff attending training have selected TUT Leave in HRMIS.
- Project code 1471 will be generated within the payment system.
Professional Standards for Teachers in Western Australia
This training relates to the following standards :
Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community