District Council: Meeting: Kimberley/Pilbara (Broome)
26 places available
Start: Saturday 29 August 2020 - 9.00am
Finish: Saturday 29 August 2020 - 12.00pm
Location: School of Special Educational Needs - Behaviour and Engagement
Kimberley Engagement Centre, 7 Millington Road,
Cable Beach, Tel: 9195 1152
Registration Deadline: Monday 17 August 2020
District Council Meeting
1) Acknowledgement of Country
2) Confirmation of previous minutes of 31 August 2019
3) Matters arising from previous minutes of 31 August 2019
4) District/branch reports and planning
5) Senior Officer's report:
5.1 General Agreement 2019 - implementation updates and matters arising
5.2 Safety At Work Campaign - promotion and update on new case management procedures
5.3 Curriculum change - National Agenda
6) General business
Where the District Council meeting is not on your normal work day, childcare provision is available on request and approval by the General Secretary. Email requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free - Members only.
Pat Byrne, President
Frank Herzog - District Organiser
District Council delegates
SSTUWA Branch officers
Trade union training leave
Members in schools and TAFE colleges are eligible for five days of paid leave per year to attend trade union training (TUT).
To comply with TUT leave requirements applicants must:
- Submit applications to DoE/principal four weeks prior to the event.
- Provide DoE/principal with a printed copy of the course program attached to this form.
- Be nominated by the SSTUWA. See “nominated audience” on the attached course program.
The school will not be charged for the salary of the person attending trade union training - this is covered by the DoE. However, if a relief teacher is required, this is funded through the school's one line budget.
For school administration
When processing TUT leave applications:
- Ensure staff attending training have selected TUT Leave in HRMIS.
- Project code 1471 will be generated within the payment system.
Professional Standards for Teachers in Western Australia
This training relates to the following standards :
Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community