Union Representative Training Level Three: Schools (TUT) Day 3
1 places available
Start: Thursday 12 November 2020 - 9.00am
Finish: Thursday 12 November 2020 - 3.00pm
Location: SSTUWA building, 1 West Street, West Perth WA 6005 (off Thomas Street).
This event is only available to previously selected representatives who have completed Day One and Two of this course.
About the course
This is the final day of a three-day course spaced over time during 2020. It also included six one-on-one coaching conversations with your Organiser throughout the year.
We invite participating Representatives to re-register for the final day of the series.
The course and conversations are designed to empower active Union Representatives who are able to resolve issues at the local level and create effective collaborative environments within their school.
The course will also help Union Representatives to build their own capacity and a positive perception of the SSTUWA within the school context. This will include building their overall membership and encouraging and supporting more involvement in the wider SSTUWA union movement.
The course is designed to give an overview and some experience of coaching conversations, the Fundamentals of Coaching Practice program builds an understanding of the coaching conversation within an education context.
On completion of the course Union Representatives will have:
- Have a clear understanding of what coaching is.
- Built confidence to use the GROWTH coaching framework immediately
- Demonstrated practical ways of setting and achieving professional goals.
- Been provided with an opportunity for direct experience of the impact of coaching conversations applied to real education topics.
$ Nil : Members Only
Morning tea and lunch provided.
We are able to supply a vegetarian or gluten free option. Please advise us prior to the event. firstname.lastname@example.org
Natalie Swinbourn, Coordinator School Organisers - SSTUWA
Experienced Union Representatives
Trade union training leave
Members in schools and TAFE colleges are eligible for five days of paid leave per year to attend trade union training (TUT).
To comply with TUT leave requirements applicants must:
- Submit applications to DoE/principal four weeks prior to the event.
- Provide DoE/principal with a printed copy of the course program attached to this form.
- Be nominated by the SSTUWA. See “nominated audience” on the attached course program.
The school will not be charged for the salary of the
person attending trade union training - this is covered by the DoE.
However, if a relief teacher is required, this is funded through the
school's one line budget.
For school administration
When processing TUT leave applications:
- Indicate the leave is “Miscellaneous Paid Leave” when completing an application for leave form.
- “Trade Union Training - project code 1471” should be written under leave type.
Professional Standards for Teachers in Western Australia
This training relates to the following standards :
Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community