Dealing with Difficult People and Difficult Situations
29 places available
Start: Friday 9 July 2021 - 9.00am
Finish: Friday 9 July 2021 - 1.00pm
Location: SSTUWA building, 1 West Street, West Perth WA 6005 (off Thomas Street)
About the course
During this half-day course participants will learn how to approach, deal and collaborate with difficult people in the workplace. The course will explore the nature of difficult situations and examine how people react to different situations at work. It will explore what prevents us from having difficult conversations and provide techniques to create positive outcomes in difficult or challenging situations. You will learn to apply assertiveness techniques to respond to difficult situations without damaging relationships.
Within this context, participants will:
- Identify the common elements of a difficult situation.
- Analyse what works and what doesn't when dealing with difficult situations or behaviours.
- Identify the need for a difficult conversation and the costs of not having a conversation.
- Explore some typical emotional reactions to having difficult conversations (for both parties) and how to identify and manage them effectively.
- Explore how to plan effectively for the difficult conversation and identify the real focus.
- Apply assertiveness techniques to respond to difficult situations.
- Apply a process for resolving workplace conflicts.
$ 75 : Members: Part Time/Relief/Student
$ 150 : Members: Full Time
$ 250 : Non-Members
Morning tea provided.
We are able to supply a vegetarian or gluten free option. Please advise us prior to the event. email@example.com
Members and non-members
Professional Standards for Teachers in Western Australia
This training relates to the following standards :
Standard 4 – Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments
Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community