2021 District Council: Meeting : Kimberley-Pilbara Broome
26 places available
Start: Saturday 27 March 2021 - 8.00am
Finish: Saturday 27 March 2021 - 12.00pm
Location: Broome PS, Weld Street Broome Tel: 9194 7500
Registration Deadline: Monday 15 March 2021
District Council Meeting
1) Acknowledgement of Country
2) Confirmation of previous minutes of 29 August 2020
3) Matters arising from previous minutes of 29 August 2020
4) Senior Officer's report:
4.1 General Agreement 2019 - implementation updates and matters arising
5.2 State Election outcome and implications
5.3 EBA 2021 direction and issues Curriculum change
6) General business (forward matters for the agenda a week prior to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Where the District Council meeting is not on your normal work day, childcare provision is available on request and approval by the General Secretary. Email requests to email@example.com.
Free - Members only.
Pat Byrne, President
Frank Herzog, District Organiser
District Council delegates
SSTUWA Branch officers
(Max. 2 delegates per branch)
Trade union training leave
Members in schools and TAFE colleges are eligible for five days of paid leave per year to attend trade union training (TUT).
To comply with TUT leave requirements applicants must:
- Submit applications to DoE/principal four weeks prior to the event.
- Provide DoE/principal with a printed copy of the course program attached to this form.
- Be nominated by the SSTUWA. See “nominated audience” on the attached course program.
The school will not be charged for the salary of the person attending trade union training - this is covered by the DoE. However, if a relief teacher is required, this is funded through the school's one line budget.
For school administration
When processing TUT leave applications:
- Ensure staff attending training have selected TUT Leave in HRMIS.
- Project code 1471 will be generated within the payment system.
Professional Standards for Teachers in Western Australia
This training relates to the following standards :
Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community