ZOOM Event: The Role of the Union Rep in Schools (TUT) 120 mins
28 places available
Start: Wednesday 9 June 2021 - 1.00pm
Finish: Wednesday 9 June 2021 - 3.00pm
Location : ZOOM online learning space. Login at least 20 minutes prior to start time
About the course
The SSTUWA is pleased to offer this online learning opportunity. The purpose of this session is for Union Reps and Deputy Reps to connect with the SSTUWA and other Representatives. This online event does not replace current face-to-face Union Rep training offered through the SSTUWA but will benefit any new Reps, particularly those working in regional and remote areas.
The module will guide Union Reps and Deputy Reps to explore:
- The SSTUWA Role and Structure
- The Role of the Union Rep
- Support for the Union Rep
Delivery method: Live online event
The event will be 120 minutes in duration and consist of live delivery of content at the specified time by Cherry Bogunovich. You will also have an opportunity to interact with other participants and engage with Cherry online. Completing this course will contribute to 120 minutes of professional learning and a certificate will be provided at the end of the session.
Prior to the live event, SSTUWA will email you detailed instructions about how to access the online training space via ZOOM.
$ Nil : Members Only
SSTUWA Education Officer
Union Reps and Deputy Rep
- Stable internet connection
- Laptop/desktop computer
- Earphones or headphones (optional)
Trade union training leave - Schools
Members in schools and TAFE colleges are eligible for five days of paid leave per year to attend trade union training (TUT).
To comply with TUT leave requirements applicants must:
- Submit applications to DoE/principal four weeks prior to the event.
- Provide DoE/principal with a printed copy of the course program attached to this form.
- Be nominated by the SSTUWA. See “nominated audience” on the attached course program.
The school will not be charged for the salary of the person attending trade union training - this is covered by the DoE. However, if a relief teacher is required, this is funded through the school's one line budget.
For school administration
When processing TUT leave applications:
- Ensure staff attending training have selected TUT Leave in HRMIS.
- Project code 1471 will be generated within the payment system.
Professional Standards for Teachers in Western Australia
This training relates to the following standards :
Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community