Resolving Conflict at the Workplace (TUT)
10 places available
Start: Friday 24 August 2018 - 9.00am
Finish: Friday 24 August 2018 - 3.00pm
New Premises: SSTUWA building, 1 West Street, West Perth WA 6005 (off Thomas Street).
About the course
This one day course aims to help members understand how informal and formal disputes are managed and resolved; both at the school and off the school site.
Exploring and referring to The Grievance Framework will enable participants to develop their knowledge of the principles and process of conflict resolution.
Exploring policy and guidelines will provide participants with the knowledge required to source information and appropriate support.
On completion of the course members will:
- Understand informal and formal mediation and conciliation principles relating to their workplace.
- Understand informal and formal resolution processes relating to their workplace.
- Understand the rights and responsibilities legally available that support resolving conflicts.
$ Nil : Members Only
Morning tea and lunch provided.
We are able to supply a vegetarian or gluten free option. Please advise us prior to the event. email@example.com
Cherry Bogunovich - Education Officer SSTUWA
Members of SSTUWA - Schools
Trade union training leave
Members in schools and TAFE colleges are eligible for five days of paid leave per year to attend trade union training (TUT).
To comply with TUT leave requirements applicants must:
- Submit applications to DoE/principal four weeks prior to the event.
- Provide DoE/principal with a printed copy of the course program attached to this form.
- Be nominated by the SSTUWA. See “nominated audience” on the attached course program.
This leave provision covers teacher relief for members attending SSTUWA TUT courses.
For school administration
When processing TUT leave applications:
- Indicate the leave is “Miscellaneous Paid Leave” when completing an application for leave form.
- “Trade Union Training - project code 1471” should be written under leave type.
Professional Standards for Teachers in Western Australia
This training relates to the following standards:
Standard 6 – Engage in professional learning
Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community