Assertiveness for Women in the Workplace: Schools (TUT)
2 places available
Start: Tuesday 3 September 2019 - 9.00am
Finish: Tuesday 3 September 2019 - 3.00pm
Location: SSTUWA building, 1 West Street, West Perth WA 6005 (off Thomas Street).
About the course
Would you like to communicate more confidently, effectively and assertively with others?
This one-day course aims to develop your confidence in expressing ideas, opinions, wants and needs while building productive workplace relationships.
Participants will reflect and explore communication styles, behaviour types and behaviour patterns. You will learn to recognise assertive and non- assertive behaviours. You will also explore how to identify barriers to assertive behaviour and how to respond assertively in the workplace. These skills will support processes for managing to resolve conflict in the workplace.
During this course members will:
- Identify assertive and non assertive behaviours.
- Reflect, analyse and monitor their own behaviours.
- Approach conflict constructively.
- Learn and practice a range of techniques of assertive communication.
- Explore situations where it is difficult to behave assertively, and develop strategies to manage them effectively.
$ Nil : Members Only
Morning tea and lunch provided.
We are able to supply a vegetarian or gluten free option. Please advise us prior to the event. email@example.com
Education Officer SSTUWA
Members of SSTUWA - Women
Trade union training leave
Members in schools and TAFE colleges are eligible for five days of paid leave per year to attend trade union training (TUT).
To comply with TUT leave requirements applicants must:
- Submit applications to DoE/principal four weeks prior to the event.
- Provide DoE/principal with a printed copy of the course program attached to this form.
- Be nominated by the SSTUWA. See “nominated audience” on the attached course program.
The school will not be charged for the salary of the
person attending trade union training - this is covered by the DoE.
However, if a relief teacher is required, this is funded through the
school's one line budget.
For school administration
When processing TUT leave applications:
- Ensure staff attending training have selected TUT Leave in HRMIS.
- Project code 1471 will be generated within the payment system.
Professional Standards for Teachers in Western Australia
This training relates to the following standards :
- Standard 6 - engage in professional learning
- Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community