Brain-Based Strategies for Easier, Enjoyable, Engaging & Effective Teaching, Learning & Well-Being
29 places available
Start: Thursday 15 April 2021 - 9.00am
Finish: Thursday 15 April 2021 - 4.00pm
Location: SSTUWA building, 1 West Street, West Perth WA 6005 (off Thomas Street)
About the course
The research is clear; student education is enhanced by teachers having a clear understanding of brain-science - and using this understanding in their daily teaching practice.
This course will give you the confidence to easily plan enjoyable lessons that lead to less-stressed and better behaved students. They will be more engaged, motivated, will learn and remember more effectively.
When we as teachers use cutting-edge brain-science for teaching and learning, we improve staff & student well-being. By reducing some of the leading causes of teacher & student stress, we also dramatically improve our ability to teach effectively. This enables students' brains to learn more successfully.
Tammy-Anne designed this evidence-based course to link cutting-edge brain-science & psychology with classroom education. Tammy-Anne used her 8 years of classroom teaching experience in primary and secondary classrooms, using this exact approach along with her professional learning and qualifications.
This workshop links to the Australian Student Wellbeing Framework, Focus 2020 and ACARA's Personal and Social Capabilities, as well as addressing all seven AITSL standards.
It also connects with STEM, Positive Behaviour Schools (PBS), Social and Emotional Learning (SEL), PERMA, Positive Education, Visible Learning and Growth-Mindset.
What you will Learn
- Ways to make your teaching memorable & meaningful; increase curiosity & creativity; boost focus & attention; improve student voice & choice; & beat boredom - and why all these are essential for effective teaching, learning & well-being.
- How to manage your own teacher stress & improve your own holistic health & well-being - in & out of school.
- Exactly what to do and say, to make teaching and learning as ENJOYABLE, EASY, ENGAGING and EFFECTIVE as possible – based on cutting edge brain-science & psychology.
- Ways to raise teacher & student well-being & learning outcomes simultaneously. The inherent link between learning & well-being from an Educational Neuroscience & Psychology perspective.
- Exactly how to motivate, excite and engage your students in the learning process – in every lesson.
- How to minimise student stress & bad behaviour and maximise student well-being & academic achievement.
- How to enjoy your role as a teacher by linking educational neuroscience theory, with classroom pedagogical practice.
$ 100 : Members: Part Time/Relief/Student
$ 200 : Members: Full Time
$ 320 : Non-Members
Morning tea and lunch provided.
We are able to supply a vegetarian or gluten free option. Please advise prior to the event. email@example.com
Tammy-Anne Caldwell and Todd Budden
Above and Beyond Education
Early Childhood, Primary & Secondary Teachers
Professional Standards for Teachers in Western Australia
This training relates to the following standards :
Standard 2 – Know the content and how to teach it
Standard 3 – Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
Standard 4 – Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments
Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community