Skip to Content (Press Enter) Skip to Main Navigation

Search Western Teacher by topic

Articles from Western Teacher

7 March 2024
My curiosity got the best of me and I registered for ChatGPT. I was quickly amazed by the efficiency and timesaving it presented me.
5 February 2024
More than a year has passed since the public launch of ChatGPT, representing Artificial Intelligence’s significant arrival in education.
5 December 2023
The creation of Education International (EI) in 1993 was a critical advance for global education trade unionism.
18 May 2023
Education International (EI) General Secretary David Edwards has raised the alarm on the growing global teacher shortage and called for increased public education funding in his speech at the launch event of a new global education campaign from EI’s new global...
18 February 2023
Svitlana Popova’s students didn’t realise she was leading their online math class while outside the charred remains of her home in Ukraine until they saw a news video about it on social media.
22 January 2023
In this story, I share my personal trajectory as a teacher experiencing public- private partnerships (PPPs) in the Brazil countryside and urge stakeholders to reflect on the problems involving such partnerships to education. In addition, I reflect on how such PPPs are a result of the lack of financing in education and on how important it is for stakeholders to advocate for enlarged budgets in the sector in the context of the Transforming Education Summit.
18 November 2022
Education International (EI) recently hosted a consultation event to provide feedback into the 2023 Global Education Monitoring Report on technology and education.
7 November 2022
I had the privilege recently to meet with Hetty Verolme, a survivor of the Holocaust, now living in Perth.
1 October 2022
The immediacy of today’s vivid news cycle as Russia invades Ukraine has not spared our children. In our youth, caring adults often buffered us from disturbing topics like war, nuclear threats and human cruelty.
1 August 2022
IGLYO, the International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Queer and Intersex (LGBTQI) Youth and Student Organisation, is the lead youth development and leadership organisation working with LGBTQI young activists, counting more than 100 member organisations in over 40 countries in the Council of Europe region.
1 June 2022
This article is the second of a two-part series and is the transcript of a speech delivered by Education International President Susan Hopgood (pictured above right) at the Australian Education Union’s 2022 Federal Conference in Melbourne in April.
1 May 2022
This article is the first of a two-part series and is the transcript of a speech delivered by Education International President Susan Hopgood (pictured right) at the Australian Education Union’s 2022 Federal Conference in Melbourne in April.
1 February 2022
Armand Doucet is a Canadian award winning educator, leader, speaker and author on perspective, innovation and bridging gaps in the classroom and field of education.
1 February 2022
International Women’s Day (IWD) will be marked on 8 March, with people globally being asked to take up the challenge of breaking the gender bias.
1 January 2022
The Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development’s (OECD) Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA) has extraordinary status and influence.
7 October 2021
I want educators to get excited about climate change. Not because it is a good thing, but because there is so much that we can do to play a constructive, positive role in the solutions for a better future.
6 October 2021
The election of Jair Bolsonaro as president of Brazil in 2018 led not only to a process of deregulating the economy
6 October 2021
This World Teachers’ Day the SSTUWA will be promoting public educator well-being amongst its members.
1 August 2021
As COVID-19 continues to reap havoc and draw the public’s attention, governments across Canada are sharing a privatisation playbook as they use the pandemic as cover to transform publicly funded public education.

Search Western Teacher articles